View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 01:23 AM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Yeah see my posts on this page about Bourque. When he's back we'll be really deep and more powerful up front. He would do well on the PP too. Gio will be steady, but you're right, he needs to get hot. I just want some jam in our bottom line to back up prust and give us options in our lineup.
Thing about playoffs is that you never know where the big plays are gonna come from. There's probability and filling out a roster to be stacked goes a long way, but look at what we did in 2010. Totally insane. You really never know and a roster on paper often doesn't translate to success. What we need more than adding players, is to get big games out of our current players. This includes Carey. He will have to shut the door (overall in the series, not saying every game needs to be a shutout).

Just imagine if Chucky ends up putting it all together and being a playoff hero. Never know.

We do need to fix that PP though. I just don't understand how MT is not addressing it when he has the players to do it. Imagine the thread Eller creates if you replace Gio with him (not gonna happen, but just think about it). Incredible puck control, deadly shot, can circle the ice, big body, great hands in tight. Then (as you have supported) Bourque. We could kick it into a new gear with a little luck with injuries and with MT realizing the weapon he has.