View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I don't like saying this but it's a good trade for both teams and a great one for Boston.

Jagr is still totally capable of playing at a pretty high level. He led the Stars in points IIRC. I can see this working out like Recchi did but even better. Jagr is better than Recchi was at that point and it's a similar trade. Bruins got better offensively and Jagr should help them a ton. Pandolfo can finally sit. It'll be interesting to see where he's placed in the lineup and who moves where, with the Krejci and Bergeron lines already having obvious chemistry. Hard to imagine Jagr not in the top-six but the Bruins have a good top-six already.

Doubt MacDermid amounts to much, if not just a career AHL'er. He's pretty much a fourth liner or thirteenth forward. A bit of a goon type and some physical play and size but nothing more. I'm not familiar with Payne but as some are saying, there's a good chance he won't amount to anything in the NHL. Still though, the pick makes it a pretty nice return for Jagr. Stars fans are cheering for Boston to go to the ECF.

Good trade for both teams though. Dallas got a good return for a player they apparently couldn't re-sign and Boston got a really good player to go for the Cup with.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote