View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 02:26 AM
LandofLincoln*

vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
If Leddy gets anywhere between $2.5-$3.5M, I don't think it's possible to bring back Bickell & Stalberg. And that's with amensty buying out both Olesz & Montador.

Hawks have too much tied up in their core, and unless they can trade Dave Bolland or Johnny Oduya, there is just not the cap room to resign VS/BB with what they're going to be able to get as UFA's.

And people have to remember that Bickell & Stalberg have been playing for $550K & $875K respectively, and have career NHL earning of probably < $3M each. These guys are trying to set themselves up for the rest of their lives, and they're not in the position to leave significant $'s on the table.

Posted by LandofLincoln

Unless you can trade Bolland. What do you think we could get for Bolland after this season? I obviously want Bolland for a Cup run, but with all the center prospects Kruger and now Shaw taking steps forward.... Handzus in the mix

Then Danault, Pirri, McNeill probably deserving some time in Blackhawks sweaters atleast one of the three. Somebody of that group will be NHL ready next year.

Handzus could even be resigned assuming he would be the 4th line center.

I think we have to consider what we could get for Bolland. Plus we could fill the 3rd line center role with Shaw who is making 550,000.

I almost think it would be wrong not to move Bolland assuming he is still worth a late first round pick and a prospect.

LandofLincoln* is offline   Reply With Quote