View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 02:57 AM
Seph

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Yeah, maybe if you guys hadn't backloaded so damn much. His cap hit is all good but we sure as **** can't be paying Grabner four and five million dollars two and three years from now. Just can't swing that.

Morris would likely nix that trade, too.

Only way it works is if you guys take Klesla instead of Morris and agree to eat a million bucks in each of the last two years of Grabner's deal. At that point, I'm sure the Islanders have no interest at all. Unfortunately, while it's a good personnel fit all the way around, it just can't make fiscal sense for either side.
Fair enough, and I concur, the cheap Islanders ownership is unlikely to eat any salary on such a trade. Being a low budget team be a harsh mistress.

Another thought I had was something around Moulson for Yandle. I would think it'd be more of an offseason trade, just because I don't think that big of a shakeup would be a good idea for the Islanders right now.

Moulson is set to make 3.9m next year, but with Yandle's salary off the books, that should offset enough to be affordable. I know people think Moulson is just a Tavares leach, and I won't argue that his number would likely decline playing for the Yotes. But he truly is very effective at finishing plays where the puck gets to the net, and a team like the Yotes who have a good cycle, should be able to do that still. He also is a very good finisher option on an uncreative PP. I think he could help a team that needs offensivee and PP help like the Yotes do, especially if that team is strong enough defensively to cover for his mediocre defensive game.

That said, he admittedly is not a guy who creates offensive chances and he's only locked up for one more year, so at the same time, I can understand how you might not be interested in him, or at least, not interested in moving Yandle to acquire. But it was a thought that seemed close enough and could suit each team's needs enough to be a starting place, so I figured might as well throw it out there.

Last edited by Seph: 04-03-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote