Thread: 14 teams..?
View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 04:09 AM
Yabob

vCash: 500
A year ago expanding the SEL would have made a lot of sense. The league seemed to get more even every year. Then came the 2012-2013 season and all of a sudden we were back where we were ten years ago or so, with the bottom teams being so bad that we got four teams with more than 100 points (that's a first I think) and one with 94 points.

The thing to do right now is not add more teams, it's to try and make those you have better to make the product better. Hopefully the new CBA rules for drafted European players and the removed limit on non- EU players can fix this, but we have to wait and see.

As for the direct demotion... we are probably not gonna see that one. I remember seeing something about the SEL teams blaming the fear of relegation as the main reason why so many teams play defensive, boring, hockey. As I understand it they are looking at options for making relegation less likely or to make the financial hit of demotion less hard. Automatic demotion doesn't really go hand in hand with this.

Yabob is offline   Reply With Quote