View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 05:55 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I'm not getting bent out of shape because my player didn't get me a former top 5 pick. I'm a little confused how Boston can make an offer for Brenden Morrow that included a legitimate offensively talented prospect. Morrow is a shadow of his former self while Jagr has played well this year and put up pretty good numbers to boot. Given that Jagr is a player brought in for the "right now" in Boston, and that he's healthy, I don't understand how his age is relevant. He's reportedly in better shape than most players half his age. Jagr should return at least what was offered for Morrow.
I'm willing to bet more teams were in on Morrow and Boston again was either going to land him or drive the price up on him. I think most would agree what Pittsburgh paid for him was a vast overpayment but one they could afford to make with the glutton of quality D prospects they have.

The Jagr deal is a typical rental deal and I'm willing to bet JN was loyal to Jags for his limited time served as a Star and for his overall career. The guy deserved a legit shot and was traded to a contender. The 2nd/1st is the meat and potatoes of the deal. MacDermid is a decent throw in. He has leadership qualities and is a bottom six warrior who will throw down with nearly anyone. Haven't seen much of Payne's development, tough to tell whether he is progressing better than expected for a 5th rnd pick or just a product of a strong Plymouth team this year. Either way it's a decent return, certainly not what a lot of Dallas fans were hoping for but if the 2nd turns into a first it will be worth it.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote