View Single Post
Old
08-18-2006, 01:25 AM
BigTimer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Yes I know, as I said, I really like Komi too, but so far, I think that he has been a disappointment for a 7th overall pick. However, I would still be very surprised if this trade happens, because I remember when Gainey signed as our GM, he said that our best prospect was Komisarek.
He only started playing hockey as a teen and the staff knew that they were getting a guy who wouldn't contribute much until 23 or so... about 5 years after the draft. Well he had a horrendous first half of the season because of personal issues and the way Julien handled him so much of his year was spoiled before he even had a chance. When Gainey took over as head coach, he put him with Markov and started consistently giving him 17+ minutes a game ... a far cry from the 5-15 he was getting early on in the season (and that's if he was even dressed or not benched for a whole game). Gainey certainly wasn't doing it to raise Komi's trade value because with a October-February stretch like he had, almost nothing he could of done would of convinced many GM's. And the return is a pittance. Cool, a pair of 3rd line prospects... like we don't have a have dozen of those already.