View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Hendricks433

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
Geez, the first year the Wings become a middle of the pack team, everyone loses their ****. Sell the team! Everyone over 30 must go! Make an all rookie team! We have to do something!
I dont think we want them to just sell everybody but we have way too many mediocre bottom 6 guys that are really 4th liners. We've been slowing declining for a few years now and holding on to mediocre players and if we continue to do that then we will be in real trouble. Some of our guys are over ripe as is. We talk about not wanting to get guys who are 30 because theyre on the decline but we are bringing guys up when theyre 25. While our Top 6 guys kind of suck outside of Dats and Z.

Cleary, Sammy, Eaves, Miller, Emmerton, Abdelkader, Tootoo

We only need 3 or 4 of those guys while our Top 6 kinda sucks with an underperforming and lazy Franzen, Flip is redundant and had one good year, Bert is old and hurt, Brunner is young and appears to be a decent 2nd line winger but hit a rookie wall. Z is hurt and getting older.

Ship off all of these depth guys that are pretty easily replaceable. Bring up Tatar and let Tatar, Nyquist, Smith, Kindl, Andersson, Emmerton get some playoff experience. We are going to go out in the first or second round regardless.

So I guess maybe we do need to "blow it up". I'd really prefer we make a big trade for a top young talent with potential and gamble a little bit. Maybe not now but in the offseason maybe.

Hendricks433 is online now   Reply With Quote