View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 09:47 AM
PsychoDad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
Just to add. Every team has injuries so it's not an excuse, but I think it's worth mentioning that the playoff version of the Bruins most likely has a healthy Chris Kelly and Adam McQuaid. Not to mention that they were recently playing some uninspiring hockey with guys like Krejci and Boychuk missing time. Adding Jagr to a healthy lineup, and hopefully bringing over Carl Soderberg if the rumors are true, gives the Bruins 4 legit lines. I think they add someone on D as well.

The reality is this...Boston has really not played consistently well since about January, and they're still top 5 in the NHL for points. I don't think they're a prohibitive favorite with or without Jagr, but I can't think of any teams that are hoping to draw them come playoff time. You're talking about a forward lineup that has 10 guys that have scored 20+ goals at the NHL level. I think Pitt has at least 8 guys in that class. Scoring depth is so vital come playoff time...we saw it with the Boston two years ago, we saw it with LA last year, etc. That's why Vancouver, LA, STL, MIN are all scary draws to me in the West...they have scoring depth. They have guys in their bottom 6 that have proven to be quality NHL scorers.

The season STARTED second half of January

PsychoDad is offline   Reply With Quote