Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 10:09 AM
CoolburnIsGone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Well yeah, I do think he's ready to compete for a spot but that doesn't mean he's going to win the competition and earn a spot which is why it's silly to move guys like Kulikov.
Oh I'm not saying to move Kulikov because we have Petrovic. I'm just saying IF it happened, at least we have some cushion with having guys like Petrovic in the pipeline and near ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yes, it would have to be an overpayment. But you are suggesting Kulikov should be moved because of Campbell and Matheson. I'd love to have the problem of too many puck-moving D's. That's the ideal situation. Plus, by the time Matheson comes into his own, Campbell's career will be on the decline.

I'd rather trade Robak than lose him to waivers...I'm just saying, I'm not going to be any more interested in trading Kulikov just because Robak is waiver eligible.
See I feel like we have too many puck moving D's right now and not enough physical defenders who can clear the crease. Kulikov can hit at times and play physical but he's not really a "clear the crease" type. Plus, I dont feel like he's an elite puck mover either like Campbell is. On the squad now, we really just have Gudbranson who could be that crease-clearer and he's been tentative in doing stuff like that this season due to the shoulder injury. So if we get an overpayment for Kulikov, I'm not worried about replacing him really because I dont feel as though he's as critical for our future as some of you guys do. When Campbell's career is winding down, Matheson can learn from him and develop into a replacement. But I always feel like puck movers can be found.

Again, this goes back to what I said above, I'm not saying trade Kulikov because we have Robak. I'm just saying if we do trade Kulikov, at least I'm not as stressed about it because we have depth in young players who are ready to compete for ice time. I would like to see us improve though on some of those players for sure so hopefully we are using our picks in this draft to address the defense more.