Thread: OT: Blues get Bouwmeester
View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 10:19 AM
HTT3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
I've been a steadfast Q supporter, but I am having trouble with this decision, to be honest. JBo is young enough (he's Ericsson's age!) to merit the Flames' asking price. He wasn't a pure rental because he has one more year left, so enough time to get him to re-sign. He's the kind of D that Holland has been trying to land for some time via free agency. I just don't see how you justify giving up a first for Q last year, but then balk at getting JBo for a similar package, even if you have to part with a slightly better prospect.
Hind sight is always 20/20. Nobody knew jBo would be available last year and Kenny wanted to add depth on D for the playoffs knowing Stuart and Lidstrom were likely both gone.

Being annoyed by Kenny not getting jBo would be like being annoyed for him drafting X player over play Y, 5 years after the fact.

That said, doesn't jBo get paid like $7 million per year? Hard to justify taking on that kind of salary! Not to mention, 2012 draft < 2013 draft by a HUGE margin. Kenny did the right thing under the circumstances.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote