View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Apparently, by resigning them, Bowman gets credit for "assembling" them so what can you say to that. It's lunacy.
Who's claiming he assembled them? I didn't see that anywhere. He should get some credit for keeping the core intact and locking them in long term but no one's saying he "assembled" them. If they do they're wrong. He had nothing to do with them coming here in the first place, he just did his job well and retained them.

As for a lockout season being hte same as any other, no, it's not....but you make it sound like the Hawks are the only ones that would somehow benefit from it if they won it all. It would somehow be an "assist". Every team is playing in the same conditions...given that, I fail to see how winning a title this season comes with getting an assist from said season. Assist how? Why is winning a title this season, whoever does it, different than any other? Every team is playing under the same conditions.

I don't hear anyone claiming Miami got an assist when they won the NBA title last year in a shortened season.