View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 10:41 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post
1- Ball Four is not a 'baseball' book: it's about philosophy, and people in general. It's one of the best books ever written. My advice to read it is some of the best advice you'll ever get.

As to the rest of your post, you're missing the forest because the trees are in the way.

Winning championships will never go 'hand in hand' with having a successful franchise.

Toronto is one of the most successful franchises in the NHL. How many championships have they won in the last 40 years?

Read the book, Bob.
Ball Four was a great book. Always liked Bouton's last lines in the book that went something like all his life he was learning how to get a grip on a baseball when he finally realize that it was the otherway around that all his life the baseball had gotten a grip on him.

Hockey and baseball are my two favorite sports and some of the best sports books (check out the SI top 100 of all time) are baseball books.

Sorry Bob, the only books I read are non-fiction books, to include history and biographys. Currently reading Lawrence Wright's Pulitzer Prize Winner The Looming Towers about the origins of Al Qaeda.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote