View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 11:54 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
You said we're a 5 seed that's only in first because of the lockout. Yes, the lockout changes things. Some teams were more ready then others. That's what I take umbrage with.

I doubt that if the Flames had all of their guys playing in Europe during the work stoppage they'd be in a playoff spot right now.

You aren't giving this team any credit and you're downplaying the rest of the league. This team is very, very talented.

And for the record, I'd absolutely be in favor of bringing in a second line center. I'd love to see Pirri get a shot. We have a window to win now. You don't take that for granted. I think Bowman believes in Bolland and if he falters - over more than thirty games - that he should be held accountable. I agree with a bunch of your points.

That doesn't make your hatred for Bowman fair.
I'm trying to illustrate the urgency to make a move. All I keep hearing is that the team is in 1st and is fine. I don't know how to get through to people that it is far from fine. Yes, they are a contender but damn, that record is blinding people to the urgency to go for it right now and win the ****ing thing. It's just so damn important and this team really does need the help, no matter how impressive they have been.