View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 12:00 PM
markrander87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
I got curious, so it's my own version of Mark's team if the trade goes through
I appreciate the review (especially considering the situation my team is in) I'm very curious myself to how my lines will end up

Quote:
1st line: I'm having a hard time trying to mesh all the pieces together, but that is my best guest. I remember some people didn't like the combination of Lindsay - Kennedy - Conacher, but with the pieces available, I decided I want my best three forwards together, and I think they mesh very well. A terrific offensive line with two wingers that can score goals in bunch, the centre is Ked Kennedy, the best playmaker of this team, one of the best faceoff man of all time (Kennedy taking faceoff in the O zone, with Kelly, Mahovlich & Conacher surrounding him, wow!). He's not a great skater, but Kennedy is a good defensive player, and although Conacher his not a defensive player, a happy Frank Mahovlich is definitely a capable backchecker. I want this line to be use as much as I can, and against the opposition best lineup.

2nd line: Definitely a below-average 2nd line, but this is a line with great intangible. Duke Keats is a better playmaker, but he can score goals and bring a lot of grit. Harry Watson is kind of a LW, lesser version of Duke Keats, while Rousseau is a reliable two-way RW.
It's a very interesting spot with these top 6. there is a number of ways that the liens could be arranged. I am very intrigued by your suggestion of the
Mahovlich - Kennedy - Conacher top line.

What are your thoughts on:

Mahovlich - Keats - Conacher
Watson - Kennedy - Rousseau

I realize Keats in not an ideal 1st line Center, but he is known to be an excellent playmaker (as noted as one of the best of his times) and was also an excellent back checker.

Mahovlich and Conacher would have free roam in the offensive end and Kets will be the safety valve.

By doing this I also get Ted Kennedy on my 2nd line which allows me to use that line as my "shut down line" all three players have defensive ability and Ted was always known as making his wingers better.

Quote:
3rd line: Henrik Sedin is a terrific 3rd line playmaker, and if a team goes with Sedin on the third line, better bring the best offensive player you can. Lynn Patrick brings solid bottom 6 offense with some grit, while Wilf Paiement decent all around play.
Wow, I would not have thought to use Kelly as a 2nd unit PK Center, I must say that was pretty clever of you thanks.

I have been thinking back and forth of slotting Patrick with Sedin and Paiement. Paiement does have the physical play to protect them and adds scoring himself. This give Henrik two wingers who can capitalize on his playmaking abilities.

Quote:
4th line: 'The' defensive line, but will not play much of a prominent role, especially with that first line playing a throng of minutes. Steve Kasper is a great defensive centre and shadower, Cully Wilson an elite 4th liner that brings the crash-&-bang desited. Never been a fan of Sami Pahlsson as an ATD regular, especially on the left side, but he will bring defence ... and not much else. I would venture to switch him with Marleau or Hextall, but I guess you want Pahlsson PK input. Actually, scratch Pahlsson, put Marleau in and you'll see why later

I actually really like this line you proposed. My plan all along was 2 use my 4th line as a defensive zone draw line whenever Kennedy can't take the draw. This will allow for Sedin to take a lot of offensive zone draws (which he does in real life)

I will get to the defense if I have time this afternoon, but overall that was a very very helpful review and I will absolutely take use of some of those idea, thanks again.

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote