View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 11:03 AM
BigT2002

vCash: 1100
^^^^ Great Advice.

I would also support the point that you need to be encouraging for her to get out there and do things in the country and with new people. And she needs to be equally as supportive for you.

This is an amazing time for you to really experience some things for yourself as well as her. Pick up a new hobby. Go to the gym for a couple hours more a week. Sign up for a 6K or something. The more you do to keep your mind going, the better off you're going to be.

Don't come off suffocating either. When you start throwing a fit about something, you are going to only put distance between eachother emotionally and you're already apart physically.

--last but not least, this is only a short term departure. I know people I work with that are apart from their spouse for 9 months out of the year, and some who've been gone for 2+ years doing other things. They are still committed. This is an amazing chance for you both to really see if you two are committed to one another as well.

And TGF, we both have our relationship status on lockdown so no one can see it. 99% of my stuff on my FB is blocked out or some BS thing b/c it isn't a big deal or people don't need to know. The only reason I still have the damn thing is I have friends all over the world and it makes communicating so much easier than trying to do the lame 90's route of emailing folks.