Thread: Speculation: Trade Speculation Part VII
View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Scott04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Possible, but they normally release a player has an injury no matter what. They just dont say how long the player will be out
Yes, but a lot of the time, unless its something that clearly happens in game (where the player doesn't return after a certain point), do we ever hear about the injury until DeBoer talks after practice? I guess in some cases maybe PR knows, but a lot of times Pete is the source. He hasn't talked yet, so that could be why we haven't heard yet (if it is an injury). And especially since Lou is probably too busy to comment about any of the stuff as Gulitti implied in a tweet from a few minutes ago. I just don't know if the lack of an injury announcement (to this point) is necessarily indicative yet. I hope this is because we did trade him, but I don't want to get my hopes up and assume that's happened.

Random Devils related thought though: Do we normally ever hear about Devils trades before the trade call? I know things don't leak, but does the news usually get out because they suddenly hear about the trade call happening/about to happen? If so, that could be our hold up here if it is a trade. Call not done/about to be done, but a deal is almost there, which is why he's already being held out.