Old
04-03-2013, 03:14 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
How did we get worse exactly? We traded an overpaid and grossly under-performing soft as a feather winger for several useful parts. Sure, Gaborik could come back and pot 40 again next season...but that's far from a certainty at this point. And he's a UFA next year too. Not to mention his crippling cap hit of 7M. So, no, we really didn't get any worse considering Gaborik was providing us practically nothing this season.
Yeah, I am fine with this deal. For sure. Moore should be a nice player for us and we badly need the D-depth. Brassard finally addresses our center depth and pushes Boyle down to the 4th line. It sucks to lose a potential gamebreaker, but he was simply a bump on a log here this year.