View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinalera View Post
Don't want to turn this into "nonbusiness" -Lombardi is just done I think-he hasn't been same since concussion, Toronto got a pick for him I think this year when they traded him to Phoenix-probalby retires soon. Can't speak fo the others.
You mean as opposed to turning this Mega Thread into the Entertainment Board meets The Lounge meets the Politics & General Hockey Discussion pages? Too late... And ya, I think it somewhat pertinent to the business side in as much as it signals the Coyotes wont be entertaining re-signing these guys when they were all set to become UFA's, and of the trio, Lombardi & Sullivan (was acquired from NJ by the Leafs in an infamous trade in 97 that saw Doug Gilmour leaving town, 3 seasons later placed on Waivers & grabbed by Chicago, little guy by NHL standards, only 5'9") ineffective anyway, really only Torres a loss. Though with that guy I guess it depends on ones perspective. He was here in Vancouver before signing with Phoenix as a Free Agent, had been suspended for leaving his feet and launching into a players head with his elbow. Came back, pulled borderliner's of the same ilk during a playoff series, but was an extremely useful player. Scored a series winner. Lots of grit. Then last spring of course nasty hit on Hossa; Shanabanned!. If he controls himself in San Jose', and they could use a guy like that, good fit... basically all Phoenix got back was a minor leaguer out of Anaheim, so no serious hits financially.

Last edited by Killion: 04-03-2013 at 04:08 PM.