View Single Post
04-03-2013, 05:21 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
The Predators were looking for prospects. We're looking for players to help the team now.

Completely different situations.
First of all, your comment belies that Forsberg is a highly touted prospect, and that Erat is an inconsistent 31 year old who has 2 years left at a sizable salary.

Second, how is John Moore going to help the Rangers this season? Dorsett is out for the regular season. So basically, you're saying that Brassard is going to do more to help the Rangers this season than Gaborik? A season where the Rangers may or may not qualify for the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Anything can be spun negatively. The Preds just traded a perennial 50 pt scorer for a guy with mediocre stats in the Swedish Jr league.
Not really trying to spin it negatively; I just think it is the latest in a long, long list of events that show how much better a manager David Poile is than Glen Sather. You think this was a bad deal for the Preds? I think it was well worth the risk. But I'm not a huge Erat fan.

Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
This is less actual commentary on the trade and more me just being a smartass:

But I can't shake the idea that this team had it's most successful season in 15 years...and exchanged 3 key roster players for 3 key roster players from the Blue Jackets. In two separate deals.
That was the first thought that came into my mind, as well. Maybe it's a Garden thing. The Knicks basically did the same thing reassembling a Nuggets team that was never good enough to go anywhere.