View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 05:24 PM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSinceBirth View Post
He hasn't produced this year, only a fool would argue otherwise. But he's always a threat to score, don't think that doesn't change how teams played us.

Not to mention the short sightedness of the move - an off year during a half season just after surgery. Clearly sub-par for him, but you'd certainly expect him to return to the mean.
I'm not against the trade, but you figure there are other ways to gain depth then trading Marian Gaborik. Ultimately, that was the environment of this trade deadline I suppose.

I do love the leadership that everyone is mentioning, outside of Cally, that aspect was sorely lacking, and was not being helped by MG.

I guess I'm luke warm to the trade. I see why it was done, but worry that it was done.
I disagree with this being short sighted it's the oppossite. Gabs is old and is never going to resign here with our cap needs and the fact that hes likely fed up with torts.

We got young players including a rookie D man. We also are softer than anything this year and filled that role a little more. Gabs was a 40 G scorer. He likely would not have been next year. gabs is currently really bad and extraodinarily overpaid for THIS year and again not likely to be resigned after next. I like the move. I honestly think I'd have preferred a 1st than two of the BJ's but I like the move. Would have liked friggin keeping Prust too tho if we were going to do this considering we pissed the money away on guys like Pyatt and have plenty to spare between now and next year

shinchanyo is offline   Reply With Quote