View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 05:25 PM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
First of all, your comment belies that Forsberg is a highly touted prospect, and that Erat is an inconsistent 31 year old who has 2 years left at a sizable salary.

Second, how is John Moore going to help the Rangers this season? Dorsett is out for the regular season. So basically, you're saying that Brassard is going to do more to help the Rangers this season than Gaborik? A season where the Rangers may or may not qualify for the playoffs..
Whoa. John Moore is an immediate upgrade to Hamrlik, Gilroy, or Emminger. Probably roughly equal or slightly better than Stralman. And, yes, I've watched a bunch of Columbus games. Loved Gabs, but he's been a complete waste this year. Can't see how Brassard can bring much less. Again, not judging careers, but judging seasons and they've produced roughly equally and the Rangers are clearly stronger down the middle than they were yesterday and now Boyle can play where he belongs - on the 4th line and the PK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Not really trying to spin it negatively; I just think it is the latest in a long, long list of events that show how much better a manager David Poile is than Glen Sather. You think this was a bad deal for the Preds? I think it was well worth the risk. But I'm not a huge Erat fan.
With you there, this is a better deal for the Preds. If anyone got fleeced, it's the Caps. And, Erat requested a trade. Poile has no patience for that BS.