View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I tend to think this team was never quite as good in reality as it was on here by people who fell in love with a bunch gutsy, hard working, DEPTH players.

I don't think the team a year ago was substantially better than this years model. I think the difference is that last years underachieved and this years underachieved. But from an overall talent standpoint, I really don't think there was a huge difference other than we loved the kids we actually got to see come up through the system.

Because we moved home grown guys, the first we've had in a long time, I don't think anything short of a season like Hawks or Pens was going to be worth it for some of the fans.
My point is look at the turnover from just last spring, what GM rips up a team less than a year being in the ECF? Since last summer it's been mistake after mistake by this GM all in a half a season of hockey. The thing that pisses me off the most is he won't even be questioned about it because he's Sather, the guy who hasn't won in 2 decades.