View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Based on inconsistent compete level/decision making. They have less concerns about the player they select. Maybe there is more to the story. If Erie does in fact pass on Day, I think this is an error, but Strome is an incredible talent. What has more value Day and a second round forward which the talent drops off or Strome and second round Dman who is probably better than the second round forward.
I might have to disagree on the 2nd point about the 2nd round dman will be more productive than the 2nd round forward. I dont see it.

Alot of people say that it is a defence heavy draft, but beyond the top 10 dmen, therre isnt a suitable dman that will have a chance to make their OHL team.

I think you may be able to go 25 deep with just forwards that have a chance to make their OHL team. But only 10 or so dmen that can legitimately make their OHL team.

For this reason, a team that has a chance to pick Day or Spencer should pick them, as they will get a quality forward in the early 2nd round that will make the team.

chewerjones is offline   Reply With Quote