View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 05:44 PM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Giving away draft picks for no real good reason is a big ****ing deal. It's not like this is the first time it's happened. Holmgren today was just brilliant, first he tells everyone he didn't know the trade was going down. How the hell does the GM of the team not know a trade was going down? Then he talks about signing this guy for a lower price. Why say that? Why does he have to blab so much to the media?

I am not a fan of Mason and I don't think he's worth $2.9 million or even half that, but I've been looking at this trade and just don't get why it even had to be made. Why not just ride the season out and let MFL go? There are better goalies out there than Mason.

The Flyers recycle 2-3rd round picks like crazy. Im sure we will see a 2015 3rd come and go quite a bit. Its an extremely low risk with a potentially high reward. Im all for bashing homer and I agree this shouldnt have happened if he would have showed some damn patience with bob (instead of signing bryz to that deal and forcing his hand on richards/carter). Bob>Mason. But Mason>any goalie. Mason will sign for less than 2.9 mil here or elsewhere. Hes not worth it and everyone knows it. Should Homer outright say that? No. Homers not a very smart man, BUT taking this risk at the expense of a 2015 3rd? well worth it. The kid is still 24 years old. Theres time to find himself. I said earlier i dont think that would be here with how irrational management, the media and fans are, but i feel he will end up OK>