View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 06:45 PM
yotesreign

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Well, thats not a very nice suggestion yotesreign. Morose Delectation. I dont believe anyone here wants to stage a Roman Holiday at the expense of Phoenicians. Nor even mild cases of Gluckschmerz should a miracle occur & someone actually steps from the shadows & buys the team, makes a go of it in Glendale.

Gluckschmerz another scary-sounding German word; to feel displeasure when good things happen to others. Like envy only worse because usually the person wrapped up in their Gluckschmerz doesnt event WANT whatever it is thats made someone else happy.... believed to be activated by a hormone in the brain called Oxytocin actually.

Clinical tests involving games of chance amongst groups of people supplied with inhalers containing Oxytocin bringing such feelings to the fore in extremes. Like Dennis Hopper as Frank Booth in Blue Velvet. Inhaler & tankard topped up with Oxytocin. Paranoia; Dont you look at me!... invoking seriously disturbed Freudian ego issues of the maternal bent. Mommy. Mommmmy.

While I find it unfortunate that the NHL could move the team for next season and not announce it before the 17th, I do not expect the league to sell the team for local ownership before the 17th and I do not expect the league to make any announcement before the 17th.

I would not assert that everyone gets enjoyment out of the NHL owning our team and the inability to date to find an owner to own the team here - but I've read many of the posts in these threads, and many many posters do get enjoyment from it, from the ones rooting for Glendale to go bankrupt to the ones rooting for the Goldwater Gang to sue them, to the ones rooting for bad things to happen to out-of-staters like Gary Bettman or the "IE clowns" or Matt Hulsizer...

I think PLENTY of people who posted here over the last few years would not only stage a Roman Holiday over the team relocating... they'd probably get lots to show up for such a RALLY, especially the ones who think a rally has meaning.

Present company excluded, of course.

Or maybe they'll stay, under league ownership or Goosebee or Pasteur or someone else... surely everyone would be okay with that, right?