Old
04-03-2013, 05:57 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Honestly, as much as it sucks, I think Henrik Sedin needs to center Charlie Conacher if you hope to get anything close to Charlie's best.

From what I've read, Conacher was somewhat lost without Joe Primeau's playmaking, and it makes sense - Conacher was something of a pure shooter, not much of a playmaker at all.

Ted Kennedy was a mega-intangibles guy, but I don't think he's the playmaker Conacher needs to get the most out of him. And Frank Mahovlich is another goal scorer himself.
Joe Primeau had 3 real "big" offensive seasons, and Conacher led the league in goals in every one of them(1931, 1932, 1934). But he still led the league in goals twice in 1935 and 1936 when Primeau's play began to fall off. The first in goals in 1936 appears especially impressive because Primeau had 17 points in 45 games and Busher Jackson had just 22 points in 44 games. But, the 1936 season does coincide with Bill Thoms' big year offensively, and I can't help but think maybe he moved to the top line alongside Conacher that year. It seems like his best years were Primeau's best years, but doesn't appear to have been incapable without him.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote