View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Latrappe
Selke winner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
What about this team led you to believe that we weren't serious contenders? Would that have changed had Iginla agreed to come here?

What did we need?
To me, Iginla might have solve the inconsistency of the KHL line. You demote Horton on the 3rd line which help you to remove Pandolfo from the equation ( killing two birds with the same stone). If Bergeron didn't get hurt, the Bruins have,at least, two scoring lines. Maybe Jagr will be the solution, who knows?

I like the way Hamilton is developing but it's not going to be enough against a strong opponent in the playoffs. PC should have trade for a top 4 D-man which would have give Seid and Z a breather and reduce the pressure on Hamilton. Redden is a depth guy but i have no clue on what he can give us. To me, we're one injury away to be in trouble when it become to our blueline.

Our PP, since day one, is atrocious. If it's true that the Bruins won a Cup with a PP less then 10% of efficiency, it was also an "historical" achievement since no team before the Bruins have won a Cup in these conditions. So, you have a bad PP + a defense who rely a TON on his goaltending and it's pretty much a receipe for an early exit. Now, if you add that our shutdown centerman is out, well... the picture is not pretty. It's one thing to get away with so-so performance against Buffalo or Ottawa but it's another one against Pittsburg or Chicago...

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote