Thread: 2013 FA Targets
View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 06:41 PM
AfricanHerbsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
The club right now has nearly $24M in cap space and could have more if they deal Kiprusoff and others. Who are some likely FA targets for the club?

I think Feaster will target FAs with size and skill. He'll also likely be in the market for a defenceman, although this year's FA crop is really poor. Feaster could also dabble for a goaltender if both Ramo and Berra don't come over and Kiprusoff is moved.

If Feaster is retained, I think his top FA targets will be:

David Clarkson - Tough, skilled winger who is also a US collegiate.

Nathan Horton - A bit of an enigma, but he's only 27 and has a good mix of size, speed, skill, and toughness.

Eric Fehr - Could be a good, affordable 3rd-line winger.

Mike Ribeiro - The search for the #1 centre continues. Now if the Flames draft Mackinnon, then I don't think the club goes after Ribeiro.

Tyler Bozak - If the Flames don't sign Ribeiro and given Feaster attempted to sign O'Reilly, Bozak seems to be a likely target.

Derek Roy - Another possible centre candidate.

Jimmy Howard - The best available goaltender in FA and he could cost a ton. I think he re-ups with the Wings, but if he hits FA I think the Flames will make an aggressive pitch to sign the American-born goalie.

Ray Emery
- If Ramo comes over, I think Emery becomes the top goaltender target, as he'll be cheaper to sign ($3M annually IMO) than Howard. An Emery-Ramo duel could be really intriguing.
these guys I think are guys the flames should go after and probably get. clarkson for toughness cuz the fumes are soft. emery to push ramo bozak cuz we blow at centre. and horton is young and a RW if memory serves. all things the flames could use next year.

AfricanHerbsman is offline   Reply With Quote