View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 06:41 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

vCash: 500
The way I look at it is this. Both sides, the Rangers and Gaborik himself needed a change.

This is a move that had to be made now, at this time. The package we got back some might think would be less than what we could have gotten, but honestly, where was the market for him? There was none that I knew of, so to get this package back for him now when most of us felt that he would be either dealt or would not come back and now have more roster depth and cap flexibility while adding in areas in which were needed, I think this team is better off.

Sure, Gaborik could end up breaking out in Columbus, but who knows if he will or not. I hold no hard feelings against Gaborik. I hope he does well in Columbus. As much as I think his compete level just wasn't good enough at times, I think part of that had to do with a coach that expected him to play a style of game in which he wasn't suited for and it was clear from the start.

Thanks for the memories, Marian and good luck in Columbus. It gives me another reason to pull for them to succeed this season.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote