View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
To me, Iginla might have solve the inconsistency of the KHL line. You demote Horton on the 3rd line which help you to remove Pandolfo from the equation ( killing two birds with the same stone). If Bergeron didn't get hurt, the Bruins have,at least, two scoring lines. Maybe Jagr will be the solution, who knows?

I like the way Hamilton is developing but it's not going to be enough against a strong opponent in the playoffs. PC should have trade for a top 4 D-man which would have give Seid and Z a breather and reduce the pressure on Hamilton. Redden is a depth guy but i have no clue on what he can give us. To me, we're one injury away to be in trouble when it become to our blueline.

Our PP, since day one, is atrocious. If it's true that the Bruins won a Cup with a PP less then 10% of efficiency, it was also an "historical" achievement since no team before the Bruins have won a Cup in these conditions. So, you have a bad PP + a defense who rely a TON on his goaltending and it's pretty much a receipe for an early exit. Now, if you add that our shutdown centerman is out, well... the picture is not pretty. It's one thing to get away with so-so performance against Buffalo or Ottawa but it's another one against Pittsburg or Chicago...
Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi
Kelly - Peverley - Ryder
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Seguin

Chara - Seidenberg
Ference - Boychuk
Kaberle - McQuaid
Hnidy

Thomas
Rask

vs.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Kelly - Peverley - Jagr
Paille -Campbell - Thornton
Daugavins

Chara - Seidenberg
Ference - Boychuk
Redden - Hamilton
McQuaid

Rask
Khudobin

Not attempting to predict lines. An illustration of where we were when we won compared to where we are now after HAVING won. If one doesn't see the difference between the two lineups as being significant (or more specifically, significantly BETTER), then we stand little chance this post-season IMO.

BUT, if one would happen to believe the 2013 Bruins to have a noticeably stronger roster, then I'd say we have a shot. Again, we need to be better ENOUGH to be able to not rely on Rask for a historical performance in order to win.

Considering that... Would you say that we have a good opportunity to win this year?

Mr. Make-Believe is online now   Reply With Quote