View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
I don't think we are a multifaceted team in terms of style. But, *******, if we are going to play grind/grit we retooled really well with the guys we acquired. Clowe is an amazing forechecker.

Rangers were relentless on the forecheck.

Boyle looks way better as a wing, especially when he doesn't have to make decisions with the puck on the breakout. I hope he keeps it up.

PP looked good because Rangers were outmuscling the pens Pker's along the wall. We look like we can actually play low in the zone on the PP now. Thats going to wreck havoc on Pk units that like to pressure the points.

A BIG plus in the game was that the Rangers were constantly getting bodies to the net. Something they haven't done effectively all season.

Hamrlik out of lineup obviously made us more mobile on our backend. We get Staal back and our blueline is VERY deep. Really liked how Moore looked. I think he is a great skater.

If there was any negative for the Rangers its our breakouts were at times poor. Transition game still needs work. Rangers cannot consistently flub passes on the transition. Teams will make us pay for sloppy work in the neutral zone.

Also Rangers have to be more careful on the wall in D zone. You can't keep on forcing plays up the wall if the lane isn't there. Hags did it in the game and it cost us a goal.

Also, Pens D looked Marsh mellow soft.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote