View Single Post
04-03-2013, 11:12 PM
NHL Rules NBA Sux
Watcha gonna do!!!!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Ya, y'know, Ive never had much time for Bettman Haters', still dont for those who go over the top with it. Actually appreciated his combative nature, turning the tables on reporters in challenging the very premises of their questions. The interrogated becoming the interrogator. Amused by his obfuscations.... then the wheels started to fall off. I guess for me in 04/05 during the first lockout and thereafter his mishandling of a lot of things, a lot of different files. No longer amused as people were getting messed up, hurt, screwed. This situation in particular. And I dont mean just since 2009 & the BK, I mean since 1996 in Phoenix proper. Technically since February 1st 1993 when he assumed office as his mishandling of this situation has caused me to shine some serious lights on all of his meanderings. Just cant do anything but shake your head.... nice avy btw. Todd Gill.
Its not that I don't think hockey can work in Phoenix. I think it can work anywhere if promoted and sold properly. Here in South Florida, the Panthers are finally starting to get it right, they have a sweetheart arena deal and are profitable as a loss leader. Despite this awful season for them, I see good things in their future. The problem with Phoenix though is that the well has been poisoned to the point where this thing just does not look like it can be salvaged. My username might seem spiteful but it really just makes the NHL look bush league by having this lingering headache that keeps persisting. It reminds me of the painful situation Expos fans went through over 10 years ago when MLB was dicking them around. I think the fans in Montreal were thankful when it was all said and done and they could say goodbye. The Coyotes fans deserve the same oppurtunity.