View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 11:22 PM
revolverjgw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewell68 View Post

Long post
I would say Crosby is much closer to Jagr offensively than you think. Both guys are the best and most consistent offensive players of their eras. I give Jagr the advantage offensively but it's not large, and Crosby contributes more all over the ice (especially being a center with more defensive responsibility). To me there's no doubt who I'd want, a solid two-way center of Crosby's immense scoring skill vs a moody one-dimensional winger with Jagr's slightly more immense scoring skill. But either way it's very close for me.

I agree that Jagr a top 5 offensive player. Talking about how legendary Jagr was at scoring is just preaching to the choir. It doesn't change anything about my view on Crosby, who I hold in higher regard than you do. And bringing up guys like Gilmour and Toews or whoever in an arbitrary list doesn't either. Crosby isn't just a star with a very good overall game, he's the best scorer of his era with a very good overall game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
While on the subject of PPG which almost every Crosby-discussion brings up, why is say Forsberg universally derided for his PPG- numbers while for Crosby they are projected to whole seasons?
Forsberg, universally derided? He's a god on hfboards. And plenty of people knock Crosby all the time for his missed time, just scroll up