Thread: Value of: Flames 1st Round Picks
View Single Post
Old
04-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Djp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
Currently, the Flames have 3 1sts. One in the top 5, St Louis', which will be around 16-20, and Pittsburgh's, which will be 25th-30th.

Since the next opportunity to make any deals is during the draft, I was wondering if any teams in the top 5 would be willing to deal that pick to the Flames for something.

I don't know if this is thread worthy or not but I'm just trying to get the value it would take. So Florida, Avs, Sabres, Lightning, Flyers fans, what would you guys want?

I would do something around Bottom two 1sts, a third, and a B prospect.

You arent going to get another top 5 besides your own. Just isnt going to happen in this years draft when there is 5 players that stand out.

Calgary doesnt have the young high quality assets they could give up to move picks.

What you might be able to do is move the St Louis pick into the top 8-12 to target a certain player you want.

The only potentially conceivable trade that could happen....

say Calgary was at 4th and 16th (St Louis)
Buffalo was at 2nd and 21st (Minnesota)

Calgary and buffalo could flip picks contingent on players being there they targeted.

In all honesty Buffalo May not want to pick MacKinnon given their Centre depth. They are interested in Drouin who they could get a 4th. They know MacKinnon is wanted by many.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote