View Single Post
04-03-2013, 11:31 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33 View Post
Luc Robitaille right off the top of my head. Look, as a Caps fan I love it when Ovi does well but I'm sorry he's not an ATG level player at this point. Whether he could be or not is a matter of speculation but at least right here right now he's not.
I was afraid you'd say Robitaille. Ovechkin is a 2 time MVP, 3 time Lindsay winning, Richard hogging bodyblasting era-defining force of nature. I don't care what he does from now on (thankfully it looks like he's finding himself again), he's already left Luc is his rear-view mirror, even if he retires with less points or 40 goal seasons or whatever comparitively useless statistical feats Luc has on him. Great player, but Ovechkin dominated on another level. Now he's just pulling further ahead.

I was hoping you'd mention Ted Lindsay... I'd still disagree but it would make more sense, he's a better comparison. As far as I'm concerned, Lindsay is the only LW in the conversation with him (aside from Hull of course). Dickie Moore and Mahovlich and the like are great too, probably above Robitaille