Thread: Value of: Cory Schneider
View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 12:54 AM
palindrom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
I'm not sure how much clearer I can be in explaining this, but I'll take one more stab at it.

Florida trades Nick Bjugstad to Vancouver for Futures/Permission to speak with Luongo. This is allowed as evidence by Toronto obtaining permission to speak with Kripprusoff. The Trade for Futures is obviously just a front.

There are 2 clauses attached to the Nick Bjugstad for Futures trade.

Clause 1. If Vancouver Buys out Luongo, Vancouver must trade Bjugstad back to Florida for a goalie, 1st round pick, cash and futures

Clause 2. If Vancouver does not buy out Luongo, Vancouver must trade Bjudgstad back to Florida for a 7th round pick (essentially, compenstation for speaking with Luongo while under contract with the Canucks)

Luongo and Florida now talk and discuss a potential deal for a contract.

If Luongo accepts a Deal with Florida, bound by Clause 1, Vancouver must trade Bjugstad back to Florida for the package.

If Luongo does not accept a deal with Florida, bound by Clause 2, Vancouver must trade Bjugstad back to Florida for a 7th and Vancouver still has Luongo.

What's the problem here?
Vancouver buy out Luongo and for whatever reason (injury? change of mind?) Florida and Luongo doesnt come to an agreement after the buyout.

also the buyout is gonna cost 27 000 000$, i dont know how many team, if they could, would pay that much just to get a better return for Luongo, is Vancouver among them?

Last edited by palindrom: 04-04-2013 at 01:08 AM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote