Old
04-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
But he always has been a liability, so why would you expect him to stop being one? When has he been an efficient creator? He's not a very bright player. You don't want to take my word for it? Fine, but you had a BJ fan in the other thread telling you the same thing, in nicer terms, anyway.

He has low hockey IQ, and AFAIC, that is the worst attribute a player can have. Inefficient puckhandlers are one of the worst things a team can do to itself. How many times do the Rangers need to give you prime examples of it before that becomes self-evident? You have to have a lot of other positive things go right for you in order to overcome that. Possessing the puck and anchoring it in the offensive zone is incredibly important in this league, and guys who make bad decisions with the puck, especially guys whose primary responsibility is to carry the puck, are detrimental to their team.
I don't see how he has low hockey IQ. I don't see that at all. Complain about him all you want, but I never even thought he was a dumb player in juniors. Dumb players aren't making those passes. Dumb players aren't lifting the puck perfectly over Fleury and timing it perfectly while taking a hit.

Bash the dude all you want. But I saw nothing to show me that he has bad hockey IQ. And I am the guy on this board who has been railing about the collective hockey IQ for months, now. If he has poor hockey IQ, than I have no idea what we would even consider Miller or Kreider. Sub-human? ******** sub-humans?

Also, his liability will be lessoned playing with better defensive players and in a system that has been pretty good at defense. Just my two cents, there.