View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 12:41 AM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

vCash: 500
Heck of a day to be off the matrix...typically the team who gets the best player in a 3-1 trade wins the trade. Not sure if this will hold here. I've watched Gaborik up close for the last 10 years (first as Wild STH, now as Ranger) and he was never the player in New York that he was in Minnesota. Never. There were times in MN that I thought he could score 60 goals in a season. In NY, he never inspired that confidence for me. I just don't know what you are going to get from him on the back side of 30 and he was never going to be cheap to resign, no matter what happened between now and June 2014.

Say what you want about the coaching but Lemaire in Minnesota was every bit the hard ass and system guy that Tortorella is.

I love Dorsett. A more skilled and vocal version of Prust. Well known throughout the league as a special locker room guy. I also like Moore. Young developing defenseman who should fit in fine in NY. Consider this -- Picked 2 picks after Kreider and already has 86 NHL games. Still plenty of development upside here.

Brassard is the wild card for me. He sure looked good tonight (only saw the highlights) but he's one of those guys who always seems to be on the cusp of breaking through. We'll see.

But consider this -- the Rangers had 4-5 key needs -- sandpaper, another trustworthy defenseman, depth up the middle and 2013-14 cap room. They filled all of those needs in the last two days. You've got to like that kind of asset management.

Can't imagine every game will be like tonight but so far, so good.

Last edited by bobbop: 04-04-2013 at 08:32 AM.
bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote