View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 02:23 AM
Lansdown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHockeyfan View Post
I am sick and tired of hearing that Leafs-Habs is a great rivalry. It's not. It's been dead since 1967. Stop pretending otherwise. I'm a Habs fan and after 30 years of watching this team, I could only recall two memorable Leafs-Habs games: one a few seasons ago when the game meant whether the Habs qualify for the playoffs or not (the Habs lost that one) and the other was in 1993 when Pat Burns first came back to Montreal but as a Leafs coach (the Habs lost that one too). That's it.

It will take more than a playoff meeting between the Leafs and Habs for the rivalry to come back. It would take a couple of playoff meetings plus the Leafs and Habs have to be competitive over a couple of years too. Otherwise it will never approach Habs-Bruins, Habs-Nordiques, Leafs-Senators or Leafs-Red Wings.

The Canadian media and some fans need to stop pretending that Leafs-Habs is a rivalry.
Do you live in Ontario or Quebec? The hockey rivalry isn't there, but the disdain between the two cities still is. That's infectious, and the players on the ice will play that way.

Lansdown is offline   Reply With Quote