Thread: Tyler Myers
View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 01:39 AM
BrooklynBuffaloFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Since when are a 37 pt season, and a 23 pt season in which he only played 55 games, colossal disappointments? Yeah he didn't have a season like his rookie year, but in that season he was also parters with Tallinder, who covered up for his lapses defensively and let him play a looser game. Give the kid a chance, if he's done it once, he's able to do it again. Once they find him a good partner, he'll flourish again.
Exactly. Over hs first 3 seasons, his per-82 averages were 11 goals, 30 assists and 14 power play pts. Even if you toss out his rookie year, you get an average per 82 games of 11 goals, 25 assists and 13 power play pts. Plus the Sabres played at about a 95-point pace with him in the lineup. This year, if it was an 82 game season: 7g, 9a, 7 pp pts and the Sabres are playing at a 75-point pace. To me this is not a coincidence and it amazes me that the correlation hasn't been seen. The difference between having a 22-minute defenseman who gets 36 points and a plus rating vs. a 20-or-less guy who gets 16 pts and is a minus-- not to mention half his power play pts--certainly could account for the big disappointment this year. What shocks me is that no one is really picking up the correlation when it really may be that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
You must've missed Sullivan's article from a couple weeks ago
Ha, I do remember that now--but there hasn't been a true realization of how bad he's been and how that's affected the team.

Maybe he is a mental case, I just hope it's not irredeemable---otherwise this will be an even longer rebuild while we once again search for that guy.

BrooklynBuffaloFan is offline   Reply With Quote