View Single Post
04-04-2013, 03:40 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal
vCash: 500
Don't you mean it's great to be a Predators "fran"? Man I hate those commercials.

We don't have the history or hockey culture that other teams or cities have, but what we do have is unique to us. The Standing Ovation is something that was started and has continued for 5 years now. It's so awesome when they happen!

I grew up with hockey. My parents went to hockey games when they were dating. I went to games as a baby, we had season tickets to the Knights and all the minor league teams until the Preds came and have been season ticket holders since that first day they ever went on sale. And in the same seats, too. I was at my grandmother's house watching tv and we saw it scroll across the bottom on ESPN that Nashville was getting a team and we were screaming we were so excited.

I've been lucky enough that I have been able to be at almost every game, except the years I was away to college, so a lot of my memories are from home games. Hearing and feeling the crowds is something that I won't forget. The first home playoff game and the building was shaking and so loud that I couldn't even hear the person next to me who was screaming. And the crowd when we scored the empty net goal to ice the Anaheim series was just as great, people hugging and crying everywhere.

As much as the "sale" sucked and was a heartbreaking time, the Save the Preds rally was one of the best things that has ever happened to this city and team. They were hoping for just a few hundred new season ticket holders and got over 700. And we heard of the new ownership group that just might be stepping up to buy the team. I cried when I walked into the arena and saw the size of the crowd, they were hoping a few thousand fans, they got almost 10 thousand on one of the hottest days of the year in July and people wearing their jerseys. I remember on all the news channels that morning the anchors were all wearing jerseys during the newscast. Also, the phrase "Keep your damn hands off my team" instantly became a permanent part of the Preds history and every one of us knows the true meaning and importance of that sentence.

Well enough with this sappy stuff, it almost sounds like the team is leaving. For anyone that is going to be there Thursday or Saturday or any game the rest of the season, be loud and cheer your hearts out and let's get this team back to the playoffs again dammit!!

Originally Posted by brah View Post
This is one of my favorite Preds moments. I literally couldn't sleep that night I was so excited from that game!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote