View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Pi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I find it odd that we as Leaf fans and the Leafs themselves are being slammed for this. Where did the report about Luongo not waiving for TO early on come from? Where did Gillis' "mystery team" report come from? Where did the "there are multiple teams interested" reports come from?

With the way Gillis handled this, is it really inconcievable to think he wouldn't leak this just so he can say "see, i tried to move him for nothing and still couldn't". Hell, he and Luongo said opposite things on there pressers....Luongo stating his contract sucks and he was never asked to waive.....Gillis said the contract wasn't an issue and the NTC was.

If it's true that the reported offer was turned down, seems to me, Gillis has been using TO to create a non existant market and TO was never really interested.
They are talking as if Gillis was the innocent guy in all this He manipulated the media and whined about the Leafs doing it.

Exactly. As early as last day they said there are teams that are past the kicking stage...looks like they were the ones kicking.

They got pretty desperate if all they wanted was Scrivens and 2 2nds.