View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Mike Jones

vCash: 500
In one interview I saw with Feaster the wording was pretty clear and given what ownership has previously said about rebuilds I can see it happening. I don't think ownership "stormed" into anyone's office demanding it but I can see it being said in a meeting where future goals and expectations are discussed.

It's always a given in rebuilds that players and management work hard to keep things competitive but the process is what it is. Fames' fans seem smart enough to know that players aren't going to slack off and drift while the rebuild happens. At least I didn't see that happen with teams like the Wings and Oilers. I remember Tom Renney, for example, really pushing his players hard during some pretty trying times.

Ownership would do well to tear a page out of Mike Illitch's book (It's actually Jimmy Devellano's - Flames' ownership should read it) and show more support for work that has to be done and give people the time they need to do their jobs.

Demanding that teams make the playoffs before they're ready (With the current state of the Flames 2015 may be the more reasonable goal for making the playoffs) is just asking for trouble.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote