View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 08:34 AM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
And I totally agree with you that he is a long shot. I'll go as far as saying I highly doubt he does but my argument was that if he wanted to , he could without RKI eating his contract. LOL Let's move on ! Who do you think the Cats whill have as OA's. Emond seems to be a lock and unfortunately Melindy looks like he'll return. That leaves and open spot for a OA via trade or FA. One person I was thinking would be a cheap option is Olivier Archambeault from Chicoutimi. He's a solid , physical stay at home dman who plays a simple but effective game. He could probably be had to a late pick (i.e Werthner). Though I'd rather a forward given our other overs age dmen.
i wouldnt think they would go with 3 - 20's on defense, but who knows. In years like the one you will have next year, the most important thing from your 20's will not be production, but leadership and attitude. If your 20's arent your leaders, it will set back the rebuild a couple years. Its a big reason why BC took 5yrs to rebuild and not 3 like it usually does.
You will be bringing in 8-10 new faces again this year, and they need someone to show the kids how to prepare everyday, how to handle being on the road, being in the school books while on the road, eating well, etc..etc. It sounds like easy and obvious things to do, but we often forget they are kids. Having 20's that dont go to school and spend their days on video games won't cut it next year! I'm not saying any of them would do that. i'm just generalizing and using examples....you need character kids for your 20's next year. Production wont matter, fans dont need to worry about who scores next year and how many goals.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote