Thread: Player Discussion: Derick Brassard
View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 09:12 AM
dethomas07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravey9 View Post
I think Brassard is here until Lindberg develops into the 3C spot. Which is fine, because I think Brassard is only signed until the end of next year. That said, I liked what I saw from DB tonight. He has to be decisive about where he's supposed to be when he's F3. He got caught a few times tonight in between going in and staying back. Can't tell if that's a problem for him or if he was unsure of the Rangers' system. In general having him out there with Hags and Boyle really will help him. He's quite active in the offensive zone. His vision and movement created a ton of havoc out there for the Pens big, not so mobile D.
i do agree that lindberg will be here one day, but brass was highly touted when drafted and is only 25yrs old with untapped potential.. think AA with 2c upside..if he reaches his potential we have step and brass lindberg and miller..we just gained center depth, which you could never have enough of in the NHL.. Another thing is.. when trading a star player in gabs, you gain pieces for long term.. brass being here isnt just short term but its long term thinking..

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote