View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 08:39 AM
FLYERSFAN18

vCash: 500
Prongo is right. We don't have any other players that would even be close to helping us get a #1 dman. Maybe Laughton could, but he is not as highly thought of as Couts. We really lost out on our opportunity to trade Briere and even Meszaros. Had we gotten another first in this deep draft it could have helped is a lot in trying for a top pairing defenseman. With that said, i really don't want to move Couts at all, but I think Homer is likely to do it. The only other option we have is to try and trade a whole bunch of 1st round picks like we did with Pronger which will halt any progress we have made in filling our prospect pool. I also wouldn't put it past Homer to trade a ******** of picks, but it would have to overwhelm a team like Florida to give up the #1 and a likely star player.

Edit: we really just need to be very lucky an win the lottery if we don't make the playoffs. If we did, the roster would start to fall in place very well for the present and the future. But there is basically no way that will happen