View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 08:58 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
Regier talked about it at the presser yesterday and it makes me think he's just looking for guys to fill in while the kids (Grigs, Girgs, Armia, etc.) mature.

So, no Ehrhoff or Leino like long term deals and just guys that will take 1 or 2 year deals.

While I like Clarkson, would he take a short deal????
Yeah, the sense I had after hearing that was that they'd pursue character vets to be around the kids, and were not going to be diving headlong into the deep end of the UFA pool. In other words, the guys we'll sign will be cut more from the Mark Fistric and Jerred Smithson cloth than the Nathan Hortons or Mark Streits of the world.

I'd LOVE Pascal Dupuis here. But I doubt he'd be willing to come to a retooling team, and we know how he feels about Buffalo, NY from 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving Zisman View Post
I'm pretty sure he's a UFA, but one of the best and most underrated players the Sabres could add would be Boyd Gordon
SBPC and I have been clamoring for Gordon for some time now. He'd be a great add to our bottom-6. But he's such a Tippet-style player, I wouldn't be surprised if the Yotes re-signed him.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote