View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
It's probably been said by a CBJ fan already but enjoy the players you got. I've been a CBJ season ticket holder since the day the franchise was announced (grew up an Isles fan but don't hate me, I come in peace ).

I won't hijack the thread but if you can get consistency from Brass you'll tip the tables on this trade significantly. His problem in Columbus has always been consistency. Amazing vision, smart player and actually has a great shot (just doesn't use it). Typically terrible on faceoffs (road matchups become nightmares - or they did). He's improved but not to the point of average yet. I'm a big fan and will miss him. Great in the community and I don't think you'll find a player that loves the game more. He's not physical but hates to lose. Willing to work. He's struggled with some coaching situations and even Dad ripped into Arniel when Brass was in the press box or on the 4th line.

Moore is a great skater but needs development time. He's got a chance to be a "plus" 2nd pair guy. Can skate the puck out of danger and has a good first pass. Doesn't appear to be a high IQ guy when it comes to the offensive zone but his defensive zone play has improved. He become a factor in the numbers game in Columbus. We are very deep with young defenseman so he became expendible. Could be a really good one for you guys.

Dorsett is your typical grinder/agitator except he takes bad penalties too often. Takes penalties in the offensive zone which drove me nuts. More heart than any player I know. Do some reading on him and his childhood. Great stuff. Another community guy that is all about TEAM. He shouldn't play higher than the 3rd line. While he does show some skill, his IQ is not there and he really doesn't have much to his offensive game. Credits Prospal with his improvements. Lockerroom guy that will help provide the spark the Rangers have been missing.

So you got a bottom 6 guy with grit and heart, a potential top 4 d-man and a guy that screams top-6 center on some nights and trade me on others. Columbus could afford to move these guys as the only one playing at the time of the trade was Brass (playing very well too). They have no one like Gaborik (even if he doesn't get back to 40 goal territory). Columbus was so thin on the RW and has/had zero, zilch, no first line forwards. This trade should work well for both parties and the contracts are close enough to a wash.

Good luck and I'll be watching Brass.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote