View Single Post
Old
04-04-2013, 09:07 AM
GAGLine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
Thikning beyond this season, I do fear the organization gave up on Gaborik prematurely. I feel that ultimately over the long haul this team will still suffer from the same lack of scoring that's plagued them for multiple seasons now.

At the end of the day, regardless of what happens the rest of this season and playoffs (hopefully), this team will need another goal scorer in order to have success over the next 82 game season, and i do not belive he is on our roster right now.
I disagree. The teams that win are the deep teams, the ones that have a bunch of players scoring 20+. Yeah, it's great to have a guy who can score 40, but it isn't necessary. None of the last 4 cup winners had one.

Last year we were 11th in scoring. This year we were dead last before last night, and that after adding a 30 goal scorer in Nash.

It just doesn't make sense to have a top heavy team. Not with the salary cap. Pay more for guys who score more goals, pay less for everyone else and they score less goals, and you end up with a team that is easily shut down by a good defensive team. When you have depth, scoring can come from anywhere, and you are much harder to shut down.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote